Can I claim compensation from my landlord for mould damage? | LawHive - Solicitors & Lawyers Online
Can I claim compensation from my landlord for mould damage?
Is there anything I can do about a landlord who refuses to fix the parts of the house that have been causing very invasive mould ? I complained to the council so often over the past 4 years but they haven’t done anything. Can I claim compensation or rent reduction in any way and how do I protect my deposit? I will be moving out because I can’t handle this anymore. Landlord and letting agency don’t care enough to help. The splits in the upper parts of the walls and the ceiling keep widening and caving in as well


11th April 2022

We don't have the answer to this one - yet!

If you have this question, why not ask one of our panel of trusted & vetted solicitors?

Ask a solicitor this question

This page contains user-generated content and is provided for general informational use only. Unless otherwise indicated, answers are provided by non-qualified (NQ) lay members of the public. Please read our Terms for more information.

If you have feedback on this question please contact

Get legal help the hassle-free way

We have expert solicitors ready to resolve any type of legal issue in the UK.

Remove the uncertainty and hassle by letting our solicitors do the heavy lifting for you.

Get Legal Help

Takes less than 5 mins