Can I go back to the builder for repairs four years after buying a property from them? | LawHive - Solicitors & Lawyers Online
Can I go back to the builder for repairs four years after buying a property from them?
Good afternoon, Not sure if someone can help me. I bought a property 4 years ago. It was a conversation and I bought from the builder whom converted it. From that day I have had nothing but issues from appalling workmanship. Fought soundproofing for 9 months with him until eventually he had admitted not enough ply on the walls so had to put another wall in. Had my bath leak into my kitchen and Bath has not been secured properly Had a massive flood, which I lost all of my downstairs due to him not sealing a pipe. Thank god for insurance! Now my extractor fan in en suite is clearly not going anywhere due to my ceiling now rotting! Damp rising up the side of my Juliet windows, spoke to window people but they said it was the cladding. Can I go back to the builders? Or seek legal advice or is it too late? Have tried before speaking to them but obviously he’s not interested now! Any help much appreciated Thank you in advance

Annie Hentz

28th March 2022

We don't have the answer to this one - yet!

If you have this question, why not ask one of our panel of trusted & vetted solicitors?

Ask a solicitor this question

This page contains user-generated content and is provided for general informational use only. Unless otherwise indicated, answers are provided by non-qualified (NQ) lay members of the public. Please read our Terms for more information.

If you have feedback on this question please contact

Get legal help the hassle-free way

We have expert solicitors ready to resolve any type of legal issue in the UK.

Remove the uncertainty and hassle by letting our solicitors do the heavy lifting for you.

Get Legal Help

Takes less than 5 mins