Can the father dictate whether or not the mother can attend her daughter's nativity play? | LawHive - Solicitors & Lawyers Online
Can the father dictate whether or not the mother can attend her daughter's nativity play?
Could someone please tell me if my daughter's father can dictate whether I can attend her nativity or not? There is ongoing court proceedings as he didn't bring her home after contact back in February, claiming it was because of abuse. There is nothing in an order saying I cannot go to the school. We are allowed supervised contact (because father claims unsupervised is a danger to the child) and a call once a week until our fact finding hearing. My daughter told me about her upcoming play and wants me to be there but the father declined to give me the details. I have found them anyway, but would like to know more about my rights around this. I do not have legal support. Many thanks

David Allard

19th March 2022


Top Answer
NQ. What does Children’s Services say?

James Lopez

19th March 2022

Nq but have family court experience. If the order says supervised visits and a call once a week then anything else unless agreed between you and the resident parent and or guardian it would be a breach of the order. Your ex may inform the school and if they have a copy of your order ( most schools will ask for them) then you may find that you are not allowed to attend. If there is an court appointed guardian then I would be asking them, if not then I would find out where the school stand on the matter.

Margaret Mcdougal

19th March 2022

NQ If you have a court order for supervised contact at set times only then it may be breach of the court order. Contact rights of women or flows, they’ll be able to give you legal advice.

Janice Baker

19th March 2022

1 upvote

Nq, court proceedings and parents not allowed things like that. I have no words. You can go but you d breach as your child would run up to you and kiss you etc. Then it would all get messy. It is so bad. Sad time. 😥 Unfair totally,

Christopher Young

19th March 2022

This page contains user-generated content and is provided for general informational use only. Unless otherwise indicated, answers are provided by non-qualified (NQ) lay members of the public. Please read our Terms for more information.

If you have feedback on this question please contact

Get legal help the hassle-free way

We have expert solicitors ready to resolve any type of legal issue in the UK.

Remove the uncertainty and hassle by letting our solicitors do the heavy lifting for you.

Get Legal Help

Takes less than 5 mins