How can I stop my neighbour from blocking my right of way? | Lawhive - Solicitors & Lawyers Online
How can I stop my neighbour from blocking my right of way?
I have a legal right of way to the rear of my garden, this is vehicular and on foot. A neighbouring property also as a right of way. The land is not registered and not owned by anyone. The neighbours been parking their cars and dumping rubbish so the blockage is substantial . I’ve written 2 letters stating not to block my right of way but it continues. I have looked online for advice and help and understand that I can take this issue to court. My understanding of what Ive read is: Stage 1 Fill out an N1 form explaining the situation and submit this to the court. Stage 2 I can then obtain an injunction to stop the substantial blockages by my neighbour. I can’t afford solicitors fees so was hoping to be able to deal with it myself and need an idea of the stages to move forward. Another point is if I did use the services of a solicitor to deal with this case could I claim the fees back from the offending neighbour who is deliberately blocking my right of way. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Valerie Culpepper

17th April 2022

We don't have the answer to this one - yet!

If you have this question, why not ask one of our panel of trusted & vetted solicitors?

Ask a solicitor this question

This page contains user-generated content and is provided for general informational use only. Unless otherwise indicated, answers are provided by non-qualified (NQ) lay members of the public. Please read our Terms for more information.

If you have feedback on this question please contact

Get legal help the hassle-free way

We have expert solicitors ready to resolve any type of legal issue in the UK.

Remove the uncertainty and hassle by letting our solicitors do the heavy lifting for you.

Get Legal Help

Takes less than 5 mins