How does one settle a debt owed from a now closed limited company? | Lawhive - Solicitors & Lawyers Online
How does one settle a debt owed from a now closed limited company?
I was contacted by a debt collection company about tax owed from a now closed ltd company, I have no access to any information regarding this as the other partners locked me out of everything ( emails with company information ) , i also had to spend 3 months removing my name from companies house as I had to prove who I was My question is how on earth do I settle what ever is owed ? I had no dealings with this side of the company as that was not my job role but the person who was dealing with it ( so I thought ) has disappeared off the planet and won’t respond to my calls or emails . I’ve tried calling HMRC but I have had no luck as I don’t have any reference numbers or letters as the business wasn’t registered at my address … Any advice would be great thanks


16th April 2022

We don't have the answer to this one - yet!

If you have this question, why not ask one of our panel of trusted & vetted solicitors?

Ask a solicitor this question

This page contains user-generated content and is provided for general informational use only. Unless otherwise indicated, answers are provided by non-qualified (NQ) lay members of the public. Please read our Terms for more information.

If you have feedback on this question please contact

Get legal help the hassle-free way

We have expert solicitors ready to resolve any type of legal issue in the UK.

Remove the uncertainty and hassle by letting our solicitors do the heavy lifting for you.

Get Legal Help

Takes less than 5 mins