What is the best way to change from joint ownership to tenants in common? | LawHive - Solicitors & Lawyers Online
What is the best way to change from joint ownership to tenants in common?
Hello. Need help. I keep it short as possible. Me andy ex, not married have 2 children, 50/50 care ordered by court. We bought flat thru Right to Buy scheme in November 2017 where no deposit was used and mortgage was needed for £50000 pounds. After few months I found out he cheated. He move out promising me all sorts. Almost 5 years later and him being difficult to resolve in any way, not paying anything towards mortgage which is ok, refusing to remortgage and then later pulling out twice from transfer of Equity to my name when he agreed I pay him £6000 pounds for costs plus solicitor fee. Question 1-I want to apply to change from joint ownership to tenants in common and what procentage as I am not sure is it up to me?. Is it right step before I go to court? Question 2- What law is best used in my situation to apply to court? Question 3- Anything else I need to think about while applying to court? Thank You for help. I am very grateful.


24th April 2022

1 upvote

Top Answer
Any one can help?


25th April 2022

This page contains user-generated content and is provided for general informational use only. Unless otherwise indicated, answers are provided by non-qualified (NQ) lay members of the public. Please read our Terms for more information.

If you have feedback on this question please contact support@lawhive.co.uk

Get legal help the hassle-free way

We have expert solicitors ready to resolve any type of legal issue in the UK.

Remove the uncertainty and hassle by letting our solicitors do the heavy lifting for you.

Get Legal Help

Takes less than 5 mins