This solicitor has not yet been verified by LawHive. To quickly and easily work with a solicitor online, please use a LawHive verified solicitor.
After many years as an employment lawyer and partner in a Grays Inn Firm and then with a large Firm in the Aldwych, I then worked for a spell with William Mercer and co, gaining experience with benefits and pensions.
In 1999 I started my own specialist employment solicitor’s practice. As I am a sole practitioner, client matters are always handled by me personally.
Without the overheads and large non-fee earning “tail” of a large firm I can offer my services at a sensible rate.
Where possible I am happy to work to a fixed fee as I am very conscious that to simply quote an hourly rate, gives a client little idea of the likely total cost.
First telephone consultation free of charge.
I find most client contact is by telephone and email, so my client base is geographically widespread.
With my long experience in the law, I am very well aware of the need to give a Client practical solutions and not simply say something cannot be done.
I am happy to work weekends and evenings if required.
As an employment solicitor my Client base is divided 50/50 between companies and private individuals and that work is again divided 50/50 between employment tribunal claims for unfair dismissal or discrimination issues and advice on and drafting employment agreements.
On tribunal claims I am happy to do the entire advocacy or in the alternative if the client has the time and skills am happy to advise the client in the background and the client then presents his or her case. This can lead to considerable cost savings.
In detail the work I do:
• Settlement Agreements and termination settlements
• Employment Tribunal cases, including appearing in tribunal
• Directors service agreements and contracts of employment.
• Restrictive Covenants and intellectual property rights
• TUPE transactions and post acquisition processes.
• Due diligence and advising generally acquisitions by share purchase.
• Rights of part time and fixed term workers
• Staff handbooks and policies
• Protection of intellectual property rights
• Bonus and share option schemes
• Trade union recognition and membership agreements
• Sexual discrimination and maternity policies and claims.
• Disability discrimination rights.
• Health and safety at work policies
• Collective and individual redundancies.
• Internal disciplinary/appeal hearings
• Employment issues on insolvencies
• Freelance and self employed contracts
• Data protection, privacy and human rights issues
• Employment law audits and reviews of employment documents.
• Benefit related employment issues and schemes
Typically for smaller businesses I also deal with general commercial work including business terms/contracts and trademark/IP issues.
Available across the UK
Tell us about your situation and we'll help to pair you with an expert solicitor who will walk you through whatever you need.
This solicitor profile is provided using public data to help consumers compare and find support from local solicitors. If you wish contact them directly you may use their SRA contact information.
Our Solicitor directory is compiled using public data including some provided by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.